Saturday, April 30, 2011

And It's Update Time...

So obviously it has been awhile since I've last written a blog. Admittedly I have had various things to write about but I couldn't find the motivation. So let's start with subject number one, The Royal Wedding...I personally didn't care to get up super early in the morning to watch a wedding. Yes it was history in the making, yes I am happy for them, and no I am NOT against the monarchy. However, a friend of mine took Friday off of work and had a princess party. I was secretly envious because if a 50 something year old woman can have a pink and purple girly party I could most certainly enjoy those festivities. Unfortunately I had to work and that took priority over the very special event that day.
Now for subject number 2...Playstation Network had a security breach. I found this out from my all time favorite radio morning show; The MJ Morning Show. It took Sony a week after I heard about it to send me an email announcing the breach and to tell me my personal information has been compromised. Well I understand that these things can happen and it's not like I ever keep money on the card that I had stored to my account. However, I do feel a bit betrayed by Sony that they didn't notify me sooner or recognize the problem sooner. Not to mention I feel that off the billions they've made from us consumers that some kind of credit is owed to us. I realize that Playstation Network is free and it is great that they would offer us that service for free, but do not think for one minute that we don't pay for it. I have bought things for my "sim" on Playstation home such as a stylish new wardrobe and countless things for the loft apartment that I bought for her/me to entertain my online guests. So they still make plenty of money from this free service.
Subject number 3...Mary Kay. I started a small venture with a big dream about 10 years ago in the world of Mary Kay cosmetics and failed miserably. I had a few small accomplishments, but overall the business was not successful. I had yet again another opportunity to try it again and signed up. I took all of the knowledge I had gained from my initial failure and learned to turn it into a successful business plan. I am anticipating my first sale tonight from my good pal Morgan. She has quite a lofty order and I am very pleased to have such an order to fulfill. I've always loved the products which Katie got to try out today. I believe in what they sell and the overall company although I may not agree with the way people tend to do things. So at this point I am doing things my way to maximize my benefits.
Subject number 4...Matriarchs of Motherhood had our first meeting today. It was crazy and chaotic. We've decided that we can't have a good meeting with children running around because they are just too disruptive. We were able to skype with Amber for a bit and I enjoyed being around other women at once to laugh and joke with. It was nice. I just wish there would've been more talking and less yelling at kids or chasing them around. I feel like the time wasn't well spent. On that note I love you all, click an ad, I'm out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment