Friday, June 3, 2011

Immortal Mortality

There always comes some pivotal moment throughout our lives, sometimes much more than once when we are forced to face our own mortality. The sheer quickness in which our lives speed up and come nearer to an end. Through the stillness of the night on through the sunlight we come come closer to the inevitable.
I often wonder what people might say about me once I'm gone. What little quirky memories will they have to tell, and when will the conversations about me eventually end and my memory no longer relevant? More importantly, what will my children remember about me, what will they tell their children once I am gone and they are reminiscing to their children. Will I be remembered as a good person, a good friend, a good wife, good daughter, a good mother, etc? Someone asked me to tell them something true today and my truth was the following, "Words are merely words, but feelings are something deeper. Much deeper like tree roots. It's easy to remove the tree but some proof of its existence can be found beneath the soil." Can anybody convey a lost loved one's truth through words? I certainly hope so because I would hope that when I am gone there is more good than bad to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment