Monday, July 18, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake

Life's lessons are sometimes tough ones, but I always try to stand fast to the belief that everything happens for a reason. After finding myself inconveniently unemployed I started to re-evaluate some things in my life. Like honesty...to be honest I wasn't happy there, lord knows because I talked to the lord many times about it. Yeah sure, the money was good, but why is it always about money? I've enjoyed other jobs so much more that paid me minimum wage. Most of the people I loved, but yet again that wasn't enough to make me happy and for the last two years I had been short of miserable with my work life.
The only issue with dealing with that is money of course. With the grace of God and the power of unemployment I am sure that we will pull through until I find something else and there are a couple of potential prospects. My biggest concern however is how to provide for my family and once again God came to my rescue. He provided like he promises to when we are in need if we talk to him and believe.
However, in the struggle of food (which is always an issue to feed a family of six with or without a job), I found myself at my local food pantry. Ironically enough I was watching Marie Antoinette last night and when the people of France cried out that there was no bread and they were hungry she supposedly retorted, "Well, let them eat cake." That precisely what we did. There was a wedding reception yesterday and the generous couple and hall donated all of the leftovers to the food pantry. It was probably the most delicious cake ever. I thought about when God says, "You will be delivered to the land of milk and honey." Sweet decadence in a time of turmoil. Since the loss of my job I have found myself focusing on regrouping my life, and finding my way to a better relationship with God. Though there are things that I don't understand about the Bible in particular I can always hold fast to my faith because God has never let me fall too far. I often tell myself that if he didn't care I wouldn't have even made it this far in life, but I did and I will never give up trying to find my way.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you tottally. In the bible there are times when the people have left the way of God and he gives them cause to remember. And sometimes that is in the form of a struggle. Its kind of weird when you think of it, but its true. So maybe in some ways it is that to get your attention. I know you and I have both spoken more of a relationship and desire for God latley than we have in awhile. Which is both awesome and amazing. So its a journey what does he have in store next :)

    ReplyDelete