Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ah

I was on the couch last night and I caught a rerun of Sex And the City, which of course was completely edited for television. I suddenly began to remember my formerly single behavior. I had a routine for when I would come home from work and get the kids into bed; I would relax in front of my computer screen watching SATC and have some cheesecake or coffee or whatever relaxing thing I had on hand. I loved the show so much that I would watch one full disk per night before going to bed, no matter what time I got home.
Now that I am married I spend my evenings playing Call of Duty or watching some random reality show. However, it brought back these really warm and fuzzy feelings of getting lost in the show, admiring the fashion and the friendships. Not that I didn't have great friendships, I did and I do. The difference is now that I am married so are a bunch of my other once single friends. Those who aren't married have kids and very full lives. Visits are not only less than half as frequent but we are all going through our own struggles. Some financial, some emotional, some with our families, and some all of the above. Life has definitely taken on a different direction. I guess too that I will be 30 this year. It's a milestone that I'm not sure if I want to celebrate. Hmm...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment