Friday, September 2, 2011

Lots of Positive Changes

So since the ending of my previous job I have gone back to school. I am enrolled in Meramec Community College to get my AA in communication arts for journalism. The plan is to then transfer to SLU or Webster to get my Bachelors. I have a long road ahead of me, but I have gotten a jump start on his career. I started a second blog where I will post interviews from various people. Hopefully quite a few recognizable people i.e. musicians, authors, athletes, and whomever I feel is noteworthy that will give me their time.
I just did an interview with Steve Ewing from The Urge. It was a great article albeit short. I've seen some really positive feedback from Steve Ewing fans. This of course makes me very happy. I think that getting fired from my job in customer service was truly a blessing in disguise. I really didn't want to continue in that field and yearned to do some writing. I didn't really care whether it was a manuscript (which one day I will complete) or interviews. I still get to write.
I will continue to grow and progress to move forward in a more positive direction. My husband has been super supportive and that means a lot to me. My friends have also been very supportive of my efforts. I can only hope that one day I can have my own online magazine. Right now I have to take baby steps. Maybe I should call my former boss and thank her for letting me go!

2 comments:

  1. From what I've read about you, Elizabeth, I'm more convinced you are on the right path. Experience and suffering are strong motivators. Sometimes we are allowed to suffer for a specific reason. I believe God has allowed suffering to create strength and courage in us, to help us find our real purpose. I'm proud to know another very strong woman. You will succeed. Thank you for creating this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are very welcome, and thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete